Blog Archive

August 18, 2008

My Trip Home

I am finally home from my trip to Alabama! It was REALLY nice to finally go home and see everyone! It definitely made me realize that I don't ever want to go that long without going home!

The morning that I left we got to the airport pretty early. I think we woke up around 3 or something. But Adam had to be at the airport really early too so that worked out pretty nicely! I was flying stand by so I just had to hope that I was going to make it on a flight to Atlanta and then from Atlanta to Birmingham. I flew there on a Wednesday so I didn't have any problems getting on a flight. As soon as I got home I went straight to Taco Casa, which is probably one of my most favorite places to eat in the world.

Also while I was there I got to take my nephew to his first day of Kindergarten. Hunter was really excited that he was going to a big boy school so I didn't have a problem waking him up at 6:30 that morning...I actually think that I was the one with the problem waking up that early! The day before school I took Hunter to let him pick out his backpack and lunch box. I was very surprised that he didn't pick out a Spider Man or Power Rangers backpack, he picked out a black and gray one...but then when we got to the lunch box aisle he picked out the ugliest one possible. But I didn't argue with him because I had told him he could get whatever he wanted...

So for the next week I stayed at my brothers house and took Hunter to school every morning and picked him up every afternoon. But, I was informed a few days after him starting that "he was in kindergarten and I didn't need to walk him to his class anymore." ..... so I didn't. He walked in by himself the next morning and said that if he got lost he was just going to walk around until someone found him...good plan.

So I didn't really do much while I was there except help with him. I also got to see my niece, Taelor, on Saturday..I can't believe how big she has gotten! The only other thing I really did was lay out some and eat a lot of food. That is why I am about to go to the gym.

When it was time for me to go home the plane situation got a little more interesting. I was also flying stand by on the way home and I tried to fly back to SLC on a Friday...which was a really bad idea. I got to the airport around 4:45 AM on Friday and realized that everyone was flying to Salt Lake City. I had no problem getting to Atlanta though first. But when I got there the Delta woman told me that I probably wasn't going to get on a flight to Salt Lake ( she told me this after being at the airport for about 5 or 6 hours). She told me that they were going to fly me to Washington DC and that I would most likely make the flight from DC to SLC that night. It was actually a good thing that they flew me to DC because on Thursday afternoon my little brother and Dad flew to DC for the weekend to do some site seeing. So I called my Dad and told him that I was going to be in DC and that if I didn't catch the flight to Salt Lake that night that I would be joining him and Colby! So I got to DC and of course, didn't make the flight. So my Dad and brother were staying about 5 minutes from the airport so they just came and picked me up! We had a really nice dinner and then I went and showered and went to bed. After taking an $85 cab ride to the other airport in DC the next morning, I FINALLY made it on a flight. I don't think I have ever been so happy to get back to Salt Lake! Oh yeah, and this whole time my luggage had been in Salt Lake...Thankfully I had packed my phone charger and tooth brush in my purse :)

SO now I am SO GLAD to be back in Salt Lake and I don't have to wake up at 6:30 in the morning to get anyone ready for school, which is great! I definitely missed Adam though!

I posted some pictures so make sure you click on the little icon thingy!


No comments:

Post a Comment