I've been meaning to do a general "life update" but haven't really had the time to blog, like I thought I would! Here is what we've been up to:
- Adam has been very, very busy with the baseball team. Tuesday and Thursday mornings he has to be at the field for 6:15am workouts/conditioning. He usually doesn't get home until 7:30pm every night. They're all working long, hard days!
- I have been at my job for two weeks. I'm working for a medical supply company that is actually located 3 hours away, so it's just me in the office. All day. By myself. So, yeah. At first, I thought I would enjoy the silence and alone time, and I do, but, I do miss having normal conversations with other human beings! I have found that I enjoy my day a lot more when I take my iPad. I will stream Netflix all day just to have some background noise. Today I got to catch up on last nights episode of The Voice and last weeks episode of New Girl!
- Speaking of TV shows--it is about time for all of "my shows" to come on! This is the time of year where I am in bed every night at 8:00 and shall not be interrupted until all shows are over for the night. Not even kidding--Adam used to LEAVE THE HOUSE anytime Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice came on. It was the safer thing to do as I tend to get a little...ahem, feisty when people talk to me if it's not a commercial. :)
- Presley is adjusting to her new school, finally! She did cry for the first few days when I dropped her off, but has now warmed up to her new teachers and little friends. I also love both of her teachers--they are SO sweet!
- While we are talking about the Drama Baby--today was picture day at school and I kind of freaked myself out last night. I got super anxious about what she would wear, how I would fix her hair, and then worried if she would even smile for the pictures. I'm normally not like that! I had originally bought an outfit that was, like, super cute but also really, really hideous. The leggings were cute, but the shirt was something that I thought would be really funny to look back on when Presley is older and we would be all, "Oh my gosh, look how horrible that shirt it! Can't believe I dressed her in that!" That's my definition of "planning ahead." But, it has been pretty cold here, so I opted for some leopard print pants, plain black shirt, black shoes, and a leopard print bow. I must have been feeling a little swayed by my last Trendy Tot Tuesday post :) Presley's teacher said she smiled and did great for the pictures, so I will share them when we get our order in!
- My Mom is coming up in a little over a week! We are so excited to see her, just counting down the days! She will keep Presley at home with her while she is here, so that will be nice for me! I can just wake up and head straight to work!
- While my Mom is here Adam and I will go out to celebrate our wedding anniversary. October 9th marks 3 years that we've been married, so we will just celebrate a little earlier! It sure does seem like we've been married longer than that! I guess when you date close to 5 years before marriage it throws it off a bit!
- On Monday, I upgraded my iPhone! I still had the iPhone 4, so I just upgraded to the 5C. Even if I were to get the 5S, it was a 10 week wait for delivery. I have no self control or patience so I ended up with the white 5C. And I love it! Adam is super jealous of it so I suspect he will be making his way over the the AT&T store any day now to get a new phone, too :)
Well, that's it for now! Dinner won't cook itself! I will leave you with some random pictures from the last few weeks!