Tonight Adam & I went to the movies. Our original plan was for me to see Dear John & Adam was going to see Book of Eli. Normally Adam will endure the chick flicks with me but not this time. Fine with me, whatev. But when we got to the theater, Dear John was sold out so we both agreed to see It's Complicated. Funniest. Movie. Ever. We laughed, and laughed, and laughed. Go see it.
When we got back home
Fatty Adam was hungry. Now, I've been following this blog for a while and recently saw that she has a "cooking challenge" going on. She bought The Pioneer Woman's cookbook and is going to cook every recipe in there! I saw where she made "Egg-In-A-Whole" and decided to attempt it tonight for Adam.
Now, I don't want to toot my own horn.....but...
It was a-freaking-mazing.
It was sooo easy to make! Trust me, if I can make it, anyone can make it. I'm as domestically challenged as they come.
Here's how to make it:
1) Get out a piece of bread. Careful now, don't pull any muscles on this part..it can be difficult.
2) Cut out a hole in the bread, preferably better than the one I did, but let's not go there. Also, butter the remaining bread. Which I didn't do.
3) Put the piece of bread in the pan (Med-High heat) for a minute or so to let it toast a tad, then break the egg in the hole. Adam and I like our eggs Over Easy, so I didn't cook it too long but you can cook it to make the egg however you like it. Just don't burn the bread!
4) Somehow, flip it over without completely ruining the done side. How I did this is beyond me, I usually ruin everything. Anywho, cook the other side until it's nice and toasted.
5) Then serve it to the hungry little lad (who clearly needs to fix his hair!)
There ya have it! You can probably get a better, more legit, explanation of the recipe here.
You're Welcome :)