About Me

My photo
Lindsay Pavkovich

August 29, 2011

brain dump

Now that I am finally out of the hospital and back home we are trying to get back into a routine.  Not that we were really on one.  I am trying so hard to get Presley to sleep for longer stretches of time.  Here's something I don't understand...maybe someone can help a brotha out...

If a Pediatrician will give a one month old rice cereal for reflux, then why can't a one month old without reflux have rice cereal? I mean, to "diagnose" a baby with reflux you just tell your ped that the kid spits up a lot and blah blah blah and they're all..."Yeah sure okay whatever...here's some Zantac.  Oh, and put cereal in the bottle."

That's all.

So I've decided (even though the little nugget "has reflux") that we are giving her cereal no matter what.  Why?

BECAUSE SHE SLEEPS LONGER! And that makes me happy.



I'm not going to publish the post that I wrote before The Great Kidney Stone of 2011 happened.  It's all pretty irrelevant and you really could care less about how work went for me for those two short weeks.  

What's more important is my child's poop.  I don't know what crawled up her butt and died but the kid has the smelliest $#!& EVER!  I even caught the Diaper Genie being all,"Noooo! Don't throw that away in here!!!"

Ugh. Girl is nasty.

I mean, Obviously you can tell that I have nothing interesting to write about.

My head hurts, I'm nauseas, I'm tired, I'm having hot flashes....


Which is what every nurse and doctor asked me while I was at the hospital.  That, and "when was your last bowel movement?" I don't know why..like I can keep up with that.

Speaking of being pregnant- Adam and I have no plans to avoid getting pregnant again.


That's just me crapping my pants because, well, we all know how much I love being knocked up.

No birth control. No con....<---word I can't type because I'm immature.  Nothing.  My only saving grace is attempting to chart my ovulation?

Who am I kidding, I don't even know what that means.  We would like to wait a year, but if the good Lord has other plans then we will be fine with that.  


Moving on.

Adam started back to school on the 24th.  He is only taking two classes which makes it a pretty easy semester.  Having only one class a day makes it easier to be with the baseball team.  After class everyday he will go to the field (when the season starts up).  Until now though, he is still pretty available to help me out with the baby.  I must brag and say that when I was in the hospital Adam was a savior and took great care of Presley! He was exhausted though.  I think every Dad should have to do that every once in a while!

He's the best..and he's all mine :)

Brownie points to whoever made it through this dump-age of my brain...which I should've added in the beginning...is on lots'a lots'a meds!.....that would explain a lot of things...

It's a bird! It's a plane! It's...SUPERMOM!

August 24, 2011

I'm here!...

Well, barely!

I swear I wrote a post the other day, but didn't finish so it's in my drafts almost ready to hit "publish"! I'm writing from my iPhone so please excuse the errors!

You're probably thinking,"well dipstick, why don't you just publish it now!?"

Well, I would except I'm in the hospital AGAIN due to a 9 millimeter kidney stone and an E. Coli infection. Back when I was pregnant with Presley I was hospitalized for a week due to 2 kidney stones. I only passed one so we all knew that at some point the second one would come out.

Well it did, and it brought Hell along with it, which is making it splendid for everyone!

About a week ago I started having pains in my back and side which I instantly knew was my kidney stone moving. I'm pretty much the Kidney Stone Queen at this point so I didn't call the doctor and took some pain meds that I had prescribed from childbirth. I did that for a day or two (Adam took care of the baby when I was sleeping) and it eventually stopped. Fast forward to Tuesday afternoon. I started hurting again and the pain didn't stop. Instead of going to the ER like I normally do I call the Urologist to make an appointment but they couldn't get me in until the next morning. Thankfully Adam got up with the baby all night (he has truly been the biggest blessing!). I had to get a cat scan before seeing the doctor so they could locate and see how big of a stone we're talking about.

Anywho, I get the CT scan and then go to the urologist where they tell me it's a 9 millimeter kidney stone and there's no chance that I will pass it on my own. To make things even more fun, the stone has completed clogged my kidney and it is unable to drain and I have a severe infection!

Let's celebrate! Oh but wait, there's more!

The doctor comes in and I immediately conclude that he takes eye contact with his patients very very seriously. I don't think the guy ever blinked.

Kinda freaked me out. Just like when he told me they were putting me straight into the hospital and doing surgery to put a stint in so my kidney can drain.


It all happened pretty fast so I had to get in touch with everyone to let them know where to go and who needs to take care of the little meatball. Adam and my mom weren't even at the hospital and I was already in the holding room to go into surgery, but Adam made it about 30 minutes before so I did get to see him.

The surgery went great, I'm a complete weirdo and LOVE being put to sleep so this was like a "mentally unstable Moms field trip"! Yay for sleep! Yay for drugs! Yay for people waiting on me hand and foot! What totally ruins all of the fun is when nurses and room service knock on the door, come in, and flip the light on and ask pointless questions that I'm PRETTY SURE could wait until the morning!

So, long story short: the stint was put in to drain my kidney and I have to come back in a few weeks when my infection is gone and I will get the stone zapped with a laser so I can pass it.

But but BUT the icing on the cake is the infection I have is E. Coli.



Why not, right!? I mean, go big or go home! So I'm on (and will stay on) antibiotics for a few weeks to get rid of that. I'm not sure how I got that because I'm a 'tard and didn't ask the doctor but will in the morning.

So that's what I've been doing! Having so much fun without you and I know you're jealous! Between my Mom, Adam, and Mimi Presley has been taken care of. I miss her so bad though! I'm hoping I'll get to go home tomorrow. At least when I come back for my next surgery I will be prepared and packed! I'm not good with surprises like this, but I'm not gonna lie, I am good with the drugs there giving me :-)

Love Peace Chicken grease,

Sent from my iPhone

August 15, 2011

one month

Weight: I weighed her the other day and the scale said 9.5 lbs.  We go to the doctor tomorrow so we will get her weight on a better scale!

Height: I'd say around 21 inches..tomorrow we will know!

Clothing Size:  She is still wearing newborn clothes. None of her 0-3 month clothes fit quite yet, we are trying to fatten her up so she can start gettin' dolled up!

Diapers:  Still wearing newborn diapers.  Hopefully she will move up soon because we are running out of NB and have a $h!t ton of size 1 diapers!

Feeding: PDizzle doesn't let you forget to feed her.  Usually around every 3 hours ON.THE.DOT she starts squirming and sucking on her hand.  She is a very slow eater, which is makes the night time feedings so much fun!!!!......

We just switched her formula from the Enfamil Soy to the Similac Soy and she seems to be doing a little better, no stomach problems...yet.  We have an appointment in the morning to see if she has acid reflux or not.

Hair/Eyes: She still has a decent amount of hair, it's just getting a little lighter.  So far no bald spots in the back either!  Her eyes are still blue but I am sure they'll turn.   Adam and I both have green eyes!

Sleep:  Still sleeping most of the day.  She wakes up for a little bit in the morning and then again around 7:00 at night, but always goes back to sleep.  Adam brings her to bed around 1:30 or 2:00, she wakes up around 5 or 6 to feed, then again around 8 or 9.  We usually get up after that and start our day!

Favorites:  She loves bath time..but hates getting out and being naked! And every night, it never fails, she get's out of the bath and I put her on the changing table to get her pajamas on..and she pees.  Every. Single. Time.

She also loves her little vibrating chair.  She gets in there and immediately goes to sleep!

We just started putting her under her little mat thingy-ma-jig that has little thingy-ma-bobs hanging from it and she really likes that..until she spits up all over herself and I don't know it and all of a sudden she has puke in her hair, ears, and neck rolls...but that's neither here nor there...she loves the mat...that's all that matters.

Fun stuff: This weekend we are going up to Huntsville to visit with my Dad and Melissa! Adam also has a golf tournament on Saturday so he will be gone for most of the day for that.  I'm sure we will hang out on the boat for a little while...OH SNAP! Presley doesn't have a bathing suit?!!?! I think I smell a shopping trip before we go!


On a totally different note, I went back to work last Thursday.  Not for good, but just for two weeks until Adam starts back to school.  We figured that since he is able to stay home and watch the baby, I might as well go back and make a little money..and let's get real..I really needed to get out and socialize more!  I find myself talking to my kid who doesn't care if we watch Dance Moms or True Life..but I ask her anyways because there's nobody else to talk to (Adam does go work out everyday, otherwise I'd talk to him!).  I am only working from 10-2 everyday and it's perfect! I wouldn't mind just working part time when I go back, but that's not really an option I don't think.

I think I am more excited about going back to work because that means Adam has night time duty! I get 8 hours of sleep, go to work, come home and make dinner! 

Yeahhhhhh buddy!

Ok, well the little peanut is getting antsy...gotta feed her and get ready for the Bachelor Pad!!

August 9, 2011

just rambling!

Last night was a doozy in our house! Presley screamed..and screamed...and then screamed a little more.  I'm no genius but I think she had a stomach ache which means nothing in the world would have been able to sooth her crabby little butt.  She kept acting hungry, so after feeding her approximately 541 ounces of formula I did what any patient, loving mother would do....I handed her to my husband and told him I was going to bed and to not bring me the baby unless she was on her death bed.

And then I went and slept on the couch.

From 11:00 to 6:30.


I think between me being sleep deprived and her screaming I was losing my patience with her.

Like, I was pissed off at my 3 week old for having a stomach ache. 

I think she is feeling better this morning though so hopefully we won't have a repeat tonight!  We may try to switch formulas to see if that helps with her stomach issues.  She is on Enfamil ProSobee (soy formula) but may try to wean her off the soy and back on to regular formula.  Her pediatrician said she may not be lactose intolerant anymore, we will see!

Then there's the feeding and burping process.  This kid takes for-ev-errrrr to burp.  I usually try for about 10 minutes to get one out of her but I've decided that she finds the "super hard almost borderline child abuse burping pat on the back" to be very comforting.  Because she just falls right to sleep. 

*Le sigh*

Kids, they just won't give in will they?


Anywhoozle, let's not forget mine and Adams mini vacation!  Saturday night my Mom came over and kept the little nugget while Adam and I went away for the night.  I had booked a hotel room in Birmingham at the Wynfrey, had plans to go to PF Changs, and do a little shopping! Of course I was most excited about the full nights sleep we would get! 

We got there, walked around the Galleria (umm, hellur- back to school shopping+tax free weekend= a butt load of people!!)  I love to people watch so it was fun.  We bought a few things for ourselves and of course for little Pdizz! 

I've never felt more like a Mom than I did when our shopping trip turned from cute shirts for me to...a Diaper Genie Elite II......BAM...that was reality slapping me right in the face!  

But for realz, homegirl has some STANK in her diapers and her room was beginning to smell like..well....shit.  Literally.  

We headed home later on Sunday afternoon and I was so glad to see my baby!  Adam and I were calling dibs on who got to hold her first when we got home.  I'm a sore loser, so I won of course :)

It was so nice to get away for a night and spend some alone time with the hubs.  I think that's important when you have a little babe because all of your time is now focused on keeping the kid alive!  Time set aside for us is hard to come around these days, so I am SO thankful for my Mom. I know I say it in every post but seriously, she is a life saver!


Another thing we did the other day was go to Presley's open house for day care!  She won't be going until the middle of October, but we went to meet her little friends and teachers anyways.  I was a little nervous about meeting her teachers because, who are these whackjobs who are going to be taking care of my little meatball?

Oh, right, I forgot.  Meet her teacher....

Yep, my Mom is going to be her teacher! :) :) :) Which means my child will most likely be held and spoiled rotten every day from 8:30-4:00.  Lord help me!

I can't believe that this Friday she will be a month old! It has been a tough time getting readjusted to life with a baby.  But no matter how sleep deprived and greasy I am- she is life's greatest blessing and I wouldn't have it any other way!

We finally tried out our Moby, she loved it!

August 1, 2011

2 week check up

Today Presley had her 2 week check up with her pediatrician!  Looks like our little butter bean is growing right on track- she weighs 8.1 lbs and is 20 inches long. Let's all say a little prayer that she inherited Adams height and not mine....


They had to prick her heal, but turns out that didn't bother her as much as being naked on the scale did.  My kid hates to be naked..makes me wonder who's child she really is.  I KID!..Too far Lindsay, too far.  Sorry.

Let's take a step back though and touch on one certain subject.  I just want to know how in the WORLD people survive parenthood without the help of their Mother's? My Mom has been the biggest help to us and I really don't know how I would do it without her! She spent the night Saturday night and got up with Presley so Adam and I could go to a movie and get a good nights sleep. Oh Heavenly day it was glorious.  I'm not gonna lie, I was dreading bedtime on Sunday night because I knew that I had to get up several times to feed her.  Sad, but true.  I dread bedtime and I feel like I don't even have it that bad! Presley only wakes up about 2 times and always goes right back to sleep, but shoot- I miss sleeping through the night! We love it when Nana comes over :) :) :)

As far as eating goes- I've officially quit breastfeeding.  I was still pumping but it's so hard for me to have to watch everything I eat since she is lactose intolerant.  I mean, everything I eat has dairy in it, and she can't have that milk so I was just "pumpin' and dumpin'" as I like to call it.  So, just formula now which means...bottles! We've bought every bottle known to mankind trying to figure out which ones she likes.  We've tried Playtex, Nuk, Tommee Tippee, Evenflo, and now we have decided to stick with the Dr. Brown bottles.  Blah! There's so many pieces to them, but they really help with her tummy, so it is what it is!

As I said earlier, Adam and I had a date night the other night and went to the movies.  We had to go to the early showing since I knew I'd pass out in a later one.  We saw Crazy Stupid Love and it was HI-larious!  I'm about four hundred and eleventy percent sure that I'd see it again and it has absolutely nothing to do with this....

Nope. Definitely hated that part of the movie.


Well, that's about it for now.  It should be a fun night around here considering my boobs are pulsating with pain at the moment :) I mean, how long does it take for this milk to dry up?  Oh, the joys of motherhood, right? 

And of course, pictures of the little lady!

She's alive!!! This is a rare moment considering she sleeps for about 20 hours a day...literally!