About Me

My photo
Lindsay Pavkovich

Blog Archive

Guest Post

August 16, 2009

Barely Alive...

So far my trip home has been eventful! My day of traveling to Alabama was far from smooth! I had prepared myself for a long day of flying (I was flying from SLC to El Paso , El Paso to Atlanta, then Atlanta to Huntsville....) and I really didn't mind that I had a lot of stops along the way. Unlike most people, I don't really like flying non stop when I have a long way to go, I like to split it up and get off the plane for a while to people watch stretch my legs and eat.

The first stop in El Paso was a quick one due to our plane arriving late, then I was off to Atlanta where I was supposed to have an hour layover. That turned into a two hour layover which put me in Huntsville at 12am. Good times. It wouldn't have been a big deal but I had to wake up at 5:30 am the next morning to make it to Tuscaloosa in time for a bridesmaid brunch. More on that later. My Dad was there waiting for me at the airport and I was so glad to see him! We headed out of the airport and drove to his house, he only lives about 13 miles from the airport, I couldn't wait to get to bed! So we pulled up and we were getting out of the car and I said...

"Hey Dad, did you get my luggage?"

"Yeah, it's right there."

"No, that's my carry on....CRAP...I forgot to get my suitcase at baggage claim!!!"

$#*% !!!!!

B y t h i s t i m e i t w a s a b o u t 1 2 : 4 0 b e c a u s e w h e n a r r i v i n g a t t h e a i r p o r t t h e y h a d t o g e t our carry on luggage (it was a small plane so our carry on went under the plane). We hurried back to the airport and I ran back inside, just in time to catch the last few workers leaving. I told them that I had forgotten my luggage and asked if they could get it. At first the guy told me that it was locked up and that I wouldn't be able to get it until 8am..I "nicely" told him that wasn't really an option because I was leaving Huntsville at 6am the next morning for a wedding. For some odd reason after I told him that I had to have it he said,"Wellllllll....ok....I guess I can find a maintenance worker around here to see if they have a key..."

You're dang right you better!!!

I finally got my luggage and we were back on the road headed home. 5:30am rolled around very quickly, considering I didn't get to bed until 2am. After a quick stop by McDonald's for a MckMuffin and coffee I was on the road to Tuscaloosa (a two and a half hour drive)! I made a pit stop by my cousin Anna Lisa's house to get ready for the bridal shower that was at 10:30am. The shower was a lot of fun, rrreeealllllly great food...or maybe I was just starving?!?! We got some really cute gifts from the bride-to-be! The shower was over at 12:30 then I zoomed around town for some last minute errands that had to be taken care of before the wedding on Saturday!

I spent the night at my Grandparents house that night because I had to be up bright and early Saturday morning to get my hair and make up done. Brittney, the bride-to-be, is a hair dresser so everyone met up at the salon she works at, it's right next to my Grandparents house. It was a madhouse in there but everyone was getting beauti - fide ! I kind of had a little panic attack because I realized that I had forgotten my wedding shoes...but thankfully my Mom was headed to that side of town to get her hair cut so she dropped them off... ppphheeeww ! We had to be at the church by 10:30 for pictures, and surprisingly, everyone was there on time! The wedding was at 2pm so in between 10:30 and 2:00 we all just hung out, ate Chick- fil -a, took lots of pictures, and all complained about our Spanx .

Note to self: Never eat a truck load of Chick- fil -a while wearing Spanx . It may cause sever bloating and the inability to suck in permanently.

Seriously, I ate all day long. And when I wasn't eating I was talking about eating. And when I wasn't talking about eating I was thinking about eating. I think it was my nerves. Anywho ...where was I?

The wedding was beautiful! We all tried really hard not to cry, some failed, some succeeded. I think we were all relieved when we made it to the stage without falling on our face. I wasn't nervous until my feet started to profusely sweat. I didn't know it was humanly possible for feet to sweat like mine were. Disgusting, I know, but it's a true story. Don't judge. The flower girl was the best though. She was throwing those rose petals out of the basket like a mad woman. No smile. Just angrily throwing flowers on the ground. I'm still wondering if her parents bought her that trampoline that they bribed her with.

The reception was a quick one..everyone just ate and socialized. The only thing I could think about was how marvelous it was to no longer have those uncomfortable shoes on. I sat with my family for a while then they left, and Anna Lisa and I talked to some people then had to leave. We were having dinner at my Grandparents house at 6.

So, that's it. Wedding is over! I must say, I am exhausted! It was so much fun! Hopefully I will be planning my own wedding soon.. ::cough cough ADAM cough cough::

I will update tomorrow...right now I am laying in bed with my favorite nephew! We have to wake up at 6:30 for school tomorrow! Nighty Night!

Enjoy the pictures from the wedding. These are just a few I took, when we get the professional ones back I will share!

Anna Lisa and I at the reception
Aaahhhh, now these are much more comfy! If only I could have worn these all day!
I think I was still showing off my converse here...
My aunt Rah Rah, my Mom, Me, and my Mimi!
Two friends from High School, Erica and Heather. By this time I was o-v-e-r smiling, I had been doing it all day long.
This was at the rehearsal dinner Friday night...can you guess which one of us got the spray tan?

Best Friends since we were 4!

No comments:

Post a Comment