About Me

My photo
Lindsay Pavkovich

Blog Archive

Guest Post

July 24, 2011

whirlwind week

Ooooh boy! What a change our lives have taken! During the past week so many things have happened, I barely even know my name at this point. 

**this is most likely going to turn into a ridonkulously long post**

Since the last post things really didn't get any better.  I got released from the hospital but Presley needed to stay and spend more time under the bili-light for another night.  Adam and I were going to pay to spend the night in the hospital but our sweet nurse worked it out to where she could be moved to the pediatric wing and we could stay in the room with her all night.

Worst. Mistake. EVER!

From the time we got in the room-around 1:00 am- until 7:00 the next morning Presley threw up and had horrible diarrhea.  We would change her diaper, and literally 30 seconds later she would poop again.  This whole time she is supposed to be staying under the light, only coming out to feed and we could only keep her out for 20 minutes.  She was hysterically crying, puking, and pooping and all we could do was just stare at her.  Finally we said "screw it" and we got her out and snuggled with her.  We had a horrible, horrible nurse who said there was nothing she could do for us until the doctor got there 3 hours later.  I was crying, Presley was crying, and I'm sure Adam wanted to cry because this was at 6 AM and we were still awake, and Adam had to be at baseball camp at 8:30.  

Finally Presley went to sleep at 7:00, then the doctor came in.  He said to try a different formula and then he took one of her dirty diapers to be tested to see if she was lactose intolerant.


Sure enough, the little squirt is allergic to dairy! I was so relieved that they figured it out.  We now have her on a special formula and she has been doing great! She also is nursing a few times a day and some at night.  I'm not exactly sure how long I will continue to breast feed though, I'm not really the biggest fan of it.  It takes sooo long and it really doesn't get her full, we usually have to top her off with formula anyways.  I'm going to give it another week or so but life would be a tad bit easier if we could exclusively formula feed.

Anywho, back to last week.  

We finally got to go home around lunch time on Tuesday.  Adam was at the baseball field so my Mom drove me home.  We got settled in and just relaxed! My Mom spent the night with us that night and got up with the little nugget which was a lifesaver because Adam and I were beyond exhausted from the night before.  Adam got home from baseball around 4:00 and went to sleep as soon as he got home.  He slept until 7:00 that next morning.  Lucky!!

Wednesday was a really hectic day. We had to be back at the hospital at 7:00 am to check her jaundice, then we had to go to the pediatrician because her ear was draining some funky yellow stuff, then back to the hospital to get her blood drawn, then back home, THEN to the ENT doctor.

So, yeah, a little busy that day.  Turns out her ear is fine and so is her jaundice and we don't have to go back to the doctor until her 2 week check up.  Which, by the way is this Friday. 


I have successfully kept a little human being alive for one week and two days.  Adam has been a huge help considering we haven't really been on a consistent schedule with feedings and sleep.  Oh yeah, about the sleep...that's all she does! She only wakes up when she's hungry and most of the time falls back asleep during her feedings.  I know I'll bite my tongue later but I want her to wake up a little!

Adams parents came in town on Thursday, and his sister and her boyfriend came over from Atlanta yesterday to spend the day with us.  It was a lot of fun having them here and we miss them already! Adam and I are maybe possibly going to attempt a trip down to Florida before he starts back to school, we will have to see.  Just the thought of a 10 hour drive with a one month old makes me want to barf.

That's all for now! If you haven't seen the video posted below then watch it...I promise there's nothing graphic about it considering Adam was glued to the head of the bed during delivery! The only graphic thing about it was my language, and he bleeped all of that out!

Love, Peace, Chicken Grease.

1 comment:

  1. What a week! I know how you feel about not even being sure about your name at this point. Sleep deprivation does crazy things to you! Glad you are home together and that they were able to diagnose Presley quickly! That night of no sleep, puking, and pooping sounds rough! Get some rest and enjoy that baby! :)

    Reply Delete